2.5.13

CHILLIN' WITH OFF!

Hi everyone, it's me again. Today I'm gonna talk about a freaking amazing band I discovered two years ago, hope you like it as I do.


The band I discovered was OFF!, and I'm glad I discovered at that time.
OFF! is a punk rock supergroup formed by ex members of Redd Kross, Burning Brides, Rocket From The Crypt and Circle Jerks lead singer Keith Morris. They formed in late 2009 and started kickin' ass since then.
Their style of music is similar to Keith's past bands Circle Jerks and Black Flag, characterized by fast tempos, screamed furious lyrics and songs that don't last more than two minutes.
I discovered them by a Red Hot Chili Peppers video, where Anthony Kiedis and Josh Klinghoffer set a playlist of songs by differents groups they liked, where OFF! was amongst them. Then I watched the video of their song "Darkness" and I absolutely liked them since the very first second of the song.
I liked them because I think they are doing a lot for refounding was punk rock was about. It's not about Fashion, it's about bringing raw to the music and shows, about simple song structures and about the attitude a band must show throught them.
And for finishing, here I leave you my favorite song by them played live. It's called "Full Of Shit" and it only lasts 35 seconds, but I guarantee they will be the best 35 seconds you'll spend in your life.
Enjoy and listen to OFF!


3 comments:

  1. Hahaha I can't believe it lasts 35 seconds. When I get home I'll listen the song. It won't steal me time of others things I have to do hahah

    Bye C:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I don't know if I'm gonna hear that band. Maybe, maybe not, whatever hahahaha.
    I like the song, but Flema is better. Sorry dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I dislike you blog i think that all that you say (i said "say" because i think that i'm listening you when y read that) is so boring, i don´t like that kind of music. jojojo all is a joke my friend, i like so much OFF¡ and at the same time that you write, i´m dream to see that guys playing in a live concert ¡
    Bye, remember that y think about revenge too.

    ReplyDelete