9.5.13

Ya' know fellas...

Today I'm gonna tell you about a person I don't exactly admire, but I really like his work and style in films I've seen by him.


Spike Jonze is a north american film and music video director and producer. He has directed plenty of music videos by bands I like, like Sonic Youth or Beastie Boys. Also, he has directed various shortcuts and a few documentaries, like Amarillo by Morning. He was also creator of Jackass, and he produced the show and the movies. 
I started to like him after discovering he directed some skateboarding videos I liked a lot, like Lakai's Fully Flared and Yeah Right!. What I like about his style is that he combines fantasy, humor and sometimes romance with attractives characters in every of his films, that results very enjoyable to me. Even in his skateboarding videos he puts some of this fantasy, something that's not very common on this kind of videos.
Well, that's all for now. Here I leave you guys some of his stuff.
See ya'!





3 comments:

  1. I think you really admire him, that's why you like a lot his work.
    He is a nice guy and made pretty enjoyable films and I think is interesting that he put some fantasy even in his skate videos.
    Bye. See ya' next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good post guy, recently i watched movies of Spike Jonze and dislike me a bit, but my girlfriend show me one that made me change mi opinion, is a film that we should not forget this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How they get there, the last video you posted... it sounds to me the name, then I watched it and I realized that I've already watched it on a class, last year. I didn't know that the same director of this shortfilm was the creator of jackass, jakjasdkjsakjjaskaj

    ReplyDelete